Tuesday, May 22, 2007

If I Had My Life to Live Over

by Erma Bombeck
clipped from www.ookingdom.com

I would have talked less and listened more.

I would have taken the time to listen to my
grandfather ramble about his youth.

I would have sat on the lawn with my children
and not worried about grass stains.

I would have cried and laughed less while
watching television, and more while watching life.

There would have been more “I love you’s.”
More “I’m sorry’s.”

But mostly, given another shot at life, I would
seize every minute… look at it and really see it…
live it… and never give it back.

Stop sweating the small stuff. Don’t worry
about who doesn’t like you, who has more, or who’s
doing what.

And what we are doing each day to promote
ourselves mentally, physically, emotionally, as well as
spiritually.

Life is too short to let it pass you by.

We only have one shot at this and then it’s
gone.

No comments: